Colbytown Camp was a four week summer camp run by Colby Junior College (and later Colby-Sawyer College) faculty, staff, and students. The camp opened in 1940 and ran until 1989, one year shy of its 50th anniversary. The camp was initially started as a camp for World War II refugee girls. Later the camp would expand its pool of applicants to include all need based girls. Read on to learn about how this camp started, what it was like to attend, and the benefits the camp had on campers and staff alike.